CARE in East Grinstead and Lingfield
What we can do for you.
We provide services as listed below for people living in East Grinstead, Lingfield, Dormansland, Ashurst Wood , Felbridge, Crowhurst, Blindley Heath, Newchapel or South Godstone.
CARE volunteers use their own cars to take clients, who have no other means of transport (family, friends, neighbours or taxi), to places they need to visit.
- To medical appointments.
- To a chemist, dentist, chiropodist, or other practitioner.
- To visit a friend or a relative in hospital or a nursing home in the area.
Shopping, once a fortnight -
- Take you shopping, help you find things and take you home
- Take your list and shop for you
Being Neighbourly - they can provide weekly shopping
call between 10am and 4pm Monday to Friday, 10am and 1pm on Saturdays ☎︎ 01342 545044
- Normally we need a minimum of 3 days notice for any request, (Ideally 5 or more working days).
- May book up to 6 weeks into the future.
- Our drivers use their own vehicles, not specialised transport.
- If you need the assistance of a carer for your journey/visit they will need to accompany you.
- Our drivers are unable to provide physical assistance over and above that of a helping hand.
- Anyone under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
- Our drivers cars are not equipped with provision to transport children, we are therefore forbidden by law to transport any child that requires that provision . Child car seats: the law