CARE in East Grinstead and Lingfield
How you can help us.
Membership of CARE as a volunteer is open to anyone who wishes to help people in need as a "good neighbour".
We are a small charity and your support could make a huge difference.
You pick how much or little you do and you choose how and when you help
no fixed commitment for date or time.
There are four categories of volunteering:
- Transport - driving clients to medical appointments or to visit family or friends in hospital or a nursing home
- Shopping Accompanied - take a client to the shop and help them shop
- Shopping Unaccompanied - shop for clients from a list, collect a prescription, etc.
- Duty Officer - receiving calls from clients on the CARE number in your own home for one day a month (9am to 5pm) and arranging for a volunteer to help. We use a simple web application, you will need basic computer skills – training provided
Some further information for potential volunteers
- Choose the category(ies) of volunteering they would like to sign up for.
- Select their availability for doing "jobs" - how frequently and when, no fixed commitment for date or time.
- If driving, choose the area(s) they are happy to drive to, i.e. only local or further afield.
- Volunteers are required to give references and training will be provided as necessary.
- Note that all volunteers undergo a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, paid for by CARE.
- Expenses / mileage rate can be claimed by volunteers from our Treasurer.
- Volunteers have the opportunity to meet at two social events each year:
the AGM in May and a Buffet Supper before Christmas.
- Our clients are usually the elderly and may be infirm or have no relatives or friends to help them with their needs and may not have the financial means to pay for a taxi.
- They have to be resident in East Grinstead, Lingfield, Dormansland, Ashurst Wood, Felbridge, Crowhurst, Blindley Heath, Newchapel or South Godstone.
CARE is funded by donations and we do not receive any grants.
For contact details click here